Sunday 29 July 2012

London 2012 - 29/07/12


BSU are off to a flying start to the Games in London. They've been reporting back to the Worcester base and have been showing us the material they've got so far which includes cycling, boxing, judo, swimming and more.

Due to such a large group BSU have been split into two teams, the red team who I'll be heading to London with on Wednesday and the blue team who are currently in the capital getting coverage.

Having done research, I have found athletes in the Worcestershire area who I aim to focus my stories on whether it be the athletes themselves or their family and friends. Achieving this will give me a stronger chance of of getting my material published in my chosen local outlets.

Below are the athletes my team will be tracking down in London:

  • Jessica Varnish - Track cyclist (Bromsgrove)
  • Amy Smith - Swimming (Kidderminster)
  • Rachel Bragg - Volleyball (Kidderminster)
  • Liam Killeen - Cyclist (Malvern)
  • Naomi Folkard - Archer (Kidderminster)
  • Alex Gregory - Rowing (Wormington)
  • Zac Purchase - Rowing (Tewkesbury)
  • Alison Young - Sailor (Bewdley)


No comments:

Post a Comment