Friday 27 July 2012

London 2012 - 27/07/12


Let the Games begin! Today is the opening ceremony of the 2012 London Olympics and the start of my journey as a reporter on the Games. Whilst millions pack all corners of the capital, I'm in my home town Worcester preparing myself for the next 17 days of all the drama and excitement the Olympics bring.

Working on behalf of the University of Worcester, I will be working alongside my team of five. Our Olympics team includes Kate Lee, Luke Pollard, James Jeffrey, Dan Marlin and myself.

We will be working alongside Ball State University from Muncie, Indiana. BSU have sent a large team over from the states who will be rotating between London and Worcester bases to produce and distribute content on a level of different platforms.

Our team are linking up with the Features and Sports teams from BSU and will join them in London where we have a base and in Worcester to produce content for the states and here in the UK.

Before I make my first trip to the South East, I'll need to have a plan of production and distribution.

Below is a list of what I'm looking for and where it may be published depending on the type of material I gather whether that be for print or radio.

Production

  1. Main focus on Team GB
  2. Athletes from the Worcestershire area
  3. Local angles which includes interviews with family and friends of British athletes
  4. Linking up with BSU to produce content for the States
Distribution

  1. University of Worcester website
  2. Youthcomm Radio - Community radio station where I volunteer
  3. BBC Hereford and Worcester
  4. Worcester News
  5. The National Student - Student magazine/website who I work for
  6. Weekend Notes - International website which focuses on events in major cities (I work for the London edition)
  7. 102.5WMDH East Central Indiana - US radio station where I will be reporting live coverage from across the Atlantic.
It's been a couple of months of hard work including planning, schedules and meetings but it will all pay off beginning today!

Keep up-to-date with my journey to the Games as I will blog a new post everyday for the duration of the London 2012 Olympics.






No comments:

Post a Comment