Wednesday 1 August 2012

London 2012 - 1/08/12

Finally at the Olympics and busy is not the word to describe the day I've had!

Got into London around 12 with James and Kate expecting to settle in to the chaotic London life but we were thrown straight into the chaos!

Just like any true journalist, I take any opportunity I can get my hands on and this led to meeting Chris Taylor the BSU sports leader and being told I was going live on air! Little did I know when we went to his flat where he made a phone call and passed me the phone, I was being handed over to 102.5 WMDH, Indiana. It was 9am in the mid west on "The Morning Brew Show", when I spoke to the the team live on air where the stations signal reaches over a million people! I was nervous to say the least but it was amazing! We spoke about the Olympics and Britain and when finished Chris told me he'd give me a recording of the show for my portfolio.

Another bonus is that when I head to the States never year, 102.5 WMDH have invited me in for work experience which is fantastic for my career.

After that amazing experience, we headed straight for the Olympic Park where we met and interviewed some of the Ukrainian woman's running team before James got his tickets for the boxing on Friday.


I'm now back in our flat with our American room mates who have been a massive help with getting stories for certain outlets such as TNT.

Tomorrow our plan is to get tickets for any event so we can get access to the Olympic Park and get stories from athletes and fans.

Overall it's been an eventful day and were making the most of what we've got as we know this is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

http://rope.wmdh-fm.fimc.net/Brew-Podcasts/londoncalling.mp3

No comments:

Post a Comment