Monday 6 August 2012

London 2012 - 5/08/12

Back in Worcester due to work today and I've used this time at home to go on line and follow the Worcestershire based athletes I want to focus on through social network sites like Twitter and Facebook.

These athletes include:
  1. Liam Killeen – Cyclist
  2. Naomi Folkard – Archer 
  3. Alex Gregory & Zac Purchase – Rowers
 
Through following these athletes I will try and arrange an interview over the next couple of weeks whether it be in Worcester or London.

One of my lectures Alison went to see Alex and Zac perform and claim silver in rowing and has linked up with a BBC journalist to try and get an interview for us with the pair.

Also I have kept an eye on Kristian Thomas the bronze medallist gymnast from Halesowen who would be a fantastic interview (probably the best) seeing as he achieved a top three finish in the gymnasts artistic for Britain in almost 100 years! Again I am following him on social network sites to try and contact him directly for an interview.

Also I'm trying to arrange an interview with Matt Dimbylaw, the captain of the Paralympic Team GB football team as he studies at Worcester University. Kate also has links to two players from the blind football team who are locally based who she is chasing up for us.

Although were focusing on the Olympics Games I will still chase up stories and interviews from the Paralympics as I want as much as I can get into my Olympic portfolio knowing this experience only comes round once!

No comments:

Post a Comment