Wednesday 22 August 2012

London 2012 7/08/12

I woke up this morning to a call from one of the Americans. They told me to get onto the London 2012 site asap as they found a small quantity of tickets available for the woman's gold medal final at Wembley. I couldn’t believe it and went straight onto the site where I managed to get two tickets for myself and Katelynn. James also managed to get onto the site and bought 6 tickets for the Americans who asked for them. They were £120 each for pretty decent seating. I know it's expensive but knowing that it's a once in a lifetime opportunity I went for it!

Ironically later that day it turned out that the final will be Japan v the USA and the Americans were already ordering costumes and face paint which I unfortunately was going to be roped into.

Upon boarding the train with Kate to Paddington in the evening I managed to get hold of Katelynn and tell her about the ticket I managed to get for her. It's no surprise she was excited not just for the Wembley final but also because she had arranged an interview with Sarah Winckless, a Team GB rower who won a bronze medal in the Double sculls at the 2004 Athens Olympic Games. Katelynn had managed to get me on the guest list of the Team GB house for the interview tomorrow which is incredible! To be apart of something so exclusive is amazing and I can't wait to put my journalism skills to the test!


Before I went to bed after arriving at the flats late on the night, I went up to Chris Taylor's flat to see what he had been up to over the weekend. It turned out he had been busy preparing for the feature film which was being filmed at various landmarks around London on Friday. He told me WMDH Radio had contacted him earlier in the day and told him there interested on starting a new show in the upcoming months and want me to be apart of it. I couldn’t believe it! Chris went on to tell me they thought I was great on air and they think a British accent on the show would get great ratings as it's something fresh to the station. The idea for the show looks to be something along the lines of me talking with Sluby and the gang live after “The Morning Brew Show”, chatting about the contrast of British life compared to theirs, with an element of country music involved. They think it would be funny to have me read out the lyrics to the latest country music in the States! I follow the station on Twitter so they can keep me updated with their plans for the new show.

Overall it's been a long but fantastic day with lots to look forward to, not just for the week but far beyond.
http://wmdh.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment